The duration Certified Instructor depends on the Program. We start with going through the respective end-user course as a student with the purpose to ensure a baseline of knowledge and to experience the course delivery as it is designed. The following days are focused on learning how to setup for and deliver the program, knowledge development, and the assessment of participants as Instructors. View an outline of Certified Instructor Trainer Program.
Anyone can attend the Certified Instructor Trainer Program. This is an intensive program and moves at a fast pace with a focus to prepare participants to deliver the material. Each participant must have prior knowledge and experience with working at heights and general occupational health and safety.
The program covers technical aspects of Technical Access and Rescue, summary instructional techniques, and the delivery of the established standards and technical content of the respective course.
Participants should expect some home studies during the course in the evenings to ensure they can meet the minimum standard during the assessment phase of the course.
At the time of registration, we require that you sign a training agreement. The agreement is designed to ensure that potential instructors understand the following:
- Working at Height Group retains the ownership and copyright of all materials. No material can be copied, duplicated or material used in any manner without prior written consent from Working at Height LLC
- The Instructor will adhere to the delivery of the courses as prescribed
- The Instructor will purchase and provide a uniquely serialized Student Activation to each participant in the course.
Course Preparation & Activation Purchasing
Certified Instructors must provide the minimum equipment as outlined in each program. To assist with this requirement, upon enrollment or after completing the Instructor program, you may purchase the equipment kit from Working at Height Group.
Your initial registration fee includes an initial supply of Student Activation. The Student Activation manuals include a unique serial number corresponding to a record in our database, a student workbook, a temporary certificate, and the student record booklet (training record, theory test, evaluation form).
Each Instructor will need to have access to a computer (laptop) and projector to run the electronic presentation. It is highly recommended that you bring your laptop to the Instructor Program to assist you with preparing for your course delivery.
General Course layout
Unit 1: The Theory of Training and Evaluation of Learning
- Adult Learning Theories
- Instructional Design Theories
- Effective Training Delivery Theories and Techniques
- Objectives of Training Evaluation for Adults.
Unit 2: Training Delivery Planning and Preparation
- Group dynamics
- Dealing with Disruptive Behavior
- The Role of the Trainer
- Delivery Planning
Unit 3: Diversity and Legislation
- Managing Diversity
- Equality in training
- Legislation governing Equality and Diversity.
Unit 4: IT Technologies.
- Instruction Design Models
- Using IT Technologies as part of your evaluation platform.
Unit 5: Methods of Delivery and Assessment
- Training Strategies
- Training Delivery methodologies
- Formative Assessment
- Summative Assessment
- Assessment Techniques
- Planning Assessment.
Unit 6: Evaluation of Training
- Evaluating a Training Programme
- Evaluation Techniques
- Programme Review.
Unit 7: Evaluation on Required Practical Skills.
- Relevant physical skills set out by the module signed up for must be completed with a full teach back.
Working at Height Group publishes a schedule of courses each year. These courses are held in various locations to provide as much opportunity as possible for interested people to attend. You may attend any program in any location shown on the calendar providing there is available space. Your seat will not be confirmed until payment is received.
Please contact our Registration desk at 832-301.7609.
We also offer onsite Certified Instructor programs if you have several individuals requiring certification.